ACUPUNCTURE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM AT THE PACIFIC WELLNESS INSTITUTE
This course is currently unavailable. If you are a recent graduate or advanced student of acupuncture or other relevant field, you may consider inquiring about Preceptorship Opportunity, Acupuncturist, or Clinical Assistant position
WHY TAKE THIS PROGRAM?
- Boost the effectiveness of your acupuncture treatments with techniques that are practical, extremely gentle and easy to apply
- Obtain the interviewing and physical (orthopedic/neurological) examination skills to identify the pathophysiological nature of conditions
- Develop the ability to select and focus on a few “Key Treatment Points” according to pathophysiology and meridian knowledge
- Acquire the skills to fully utilize the finest Japanese needles (0.12mm diameter).
- Find out how to alleviate pain and increase joint mobility with “patient’s preferred” painless superficial acupuncture stimulation
The Internship Program at the Pacific Wellness Institute is a postgraduate course. Therefore, applicants must have already completed their training from an approved school of acupuncture prior to applying for the Internship Program. Qualifications of applicants are assessed on an individual basis. In general, those who obtain the most benefit from this program are certified acupuncturists with over a year of clinical experience. We do not offer any undergraduate level acupuncture training.
Interns will obtain basic and practical knowledge through the following ways:
- Participation in the clinical activity as an assistant
- Observation of the treatment
- Lectures/ Workshops
- Case Reviews
- Ongoing personal consultations
Eligible interns may request to take a final exam (oral, practical, written) in order to obtain a Certificate of Internship Completion.
This internship program is approved by the Chinese Medicine and Acupuncture Association of Canada. The Pacific Wellness Institute is a designated upgrade training center of the CMAAC.
Tim H. Tanaka, Ph.D., R.Ac., RTCMP
Truly an enlightening experience for anyone wanting to pursue a serious career in acupuncture or the complimentary health care field. The clinical knowledge gained through my internship has really shown in the higher quality care that I can now provide to my patients has been invaluable in my newly formed assessment skills. I am most grateful to The Pacific Wellness Institute and Dr. Tanaka for teaching me things not published in manuals or taught in many of the schools.
B. Phillips, Dipl. Acup.
Year 2000 Graduate of the Program
My internship will be a valuable stepping-stone on my path and personal journey in the exploration and practice of acupuncture. My own belief was strengthened that the science of acupuncture must be based and developed on objective research and valid evidence. I can continue to incorporate the palpation skills gained in my previous shiatsu training and combine them with diagnostic and treatment procedures necessary for the symptomatic part of a complete acupuncture treatment. It was very useful to experience that the use of very fine needles and shallow needling depth consistently obtains good clinical results with maximum patient comfort. My confidence in my own treatment style has significantly increased as a result.
Gilbert Schaefer , CST, Dipl.Acup.
Year 2001 Graduate of the Program