Shiatsu (“finger pressure”) is a hands-on therapy that originated in Japan. Similar to acupressure and other forms of Asian bodywork such as tuina, there are no needles involved in shiatsu. Shiatsu therapists use finger and palm pressure to stimulate pressure points with therapeutic intention to restore harmony and balance to the recipient.
Over 20 years ago, the Pacific Wellness started as Shiatsu Acupuncture Clinic on Yorkville Ave. The tradition of strong emphasis on shiatsu remains at the Pacific Wellness today, having several premier therapists with the highest level of shiatsu training and qualifications:
- Yoshio Toyama (holds national licence in Japan)
- Joanna Rogowska (diploma in shiatsu and RMT)
- Emily Robinson (diploma in shiatsu and RMT)
- Martyna Modzelewska (diploma in shiatsu and RMT)
- Tim Tanaka* (holds national licence in Japan and RMT)
* Currently, not accepting shiatsu clients.